Los Angeles Federal Mortgage Fraud Defense Lawyer
Defending Banking & Real Estate Professionals in Los Angeles
Mortgage fraud refers to criminal actions that involve the falsification of documents used in trying to secure a home loan or the violation of regulations to get a client’s mortgage approved. This comprises misrepresenting or omitting information on mortgage loan applications for the purpose of obtaining loans.
Federal courts prosecute mortgage fraud, which usually involve a variety of professionals associated with the banking and the real estate industries. These include accountants, appraisal services, loan officers, real estate agents, and/or developers.
For skilled legal assistance after you have been accused or charged with a fraud offense, call Shemaria Law Offices at (310) 953-4004 and schedule a free initial consultation today.
Common Mortgage Fraud Charges
The different types of mortgage fraud include but are not limited to:
- Misrepresentation of income, employment, residency, or other loan documentation
- “Property flipping,” which is a collusion with appraisers to buy property and then sell it at a fraudulently inflated price in order to procure excessive loans
- The failure to disclose to a lender a second mortgage (with a third party providing the down payment)
- Signing blank loan applications
- Providing false statements about primary residence to obtain a mortgage or to qualify for better loan rates
- Identity theft in order to obtain a mortgage
- Fraud for profit schemes such as foreclosure scams and equity skimming
Contact Shemaria Law Offices Today
If you have been accused of a mortgage fraud crime, you should immediately consult an expert mortgage fraud defense lawyer in Los Angeles to preserve your rights, especially before you are questioned by authorities. At Shemaria Law Offices, we seek to defend your rights so that mortgage fraud charges against you are reduced or dismissed altogether.
Over 50 Years of Legal Experience
Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Board of Legal Specialization, California State Bar
Handled State & Federal Cases in 24 Individual States
Tried Over 275 Cases to a Jury
First & Youngest Attorney Ever Appointed to a Death Penalty Case
Member of the L.A. County Bar Association